Listen Live on  
 

KHVH-AM

KHVH-AM News Radio
 
 

Fire Heavily Damages McCully Apartment

 
Fire Heavily Damages McCully Apartment
Posted January 30th, 2014 @ 12:05pm

A fire that started in the kitchen of an apartment Wednesday caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to a unit and its contents on Citron Street in McCully. Fire Captain Terry Seelig said that a woman living in the home left a pot of oil unattended on the stove, which overheated and caught on fire.  The fire was reported at 3 p.m. and extinguished at 3:15 p.m. It heavily damaged the kitchen and smoke damaged the entire apartment on the bottom floor of the two-story walkup. There were no injuries. The Red Cross is assisting the couple.

Recommended Stories

More from KHVH-AM

*